Telecom ConsultantTokyo, Japan 掲載日 02/19/2021
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees and contractors.
The telecommunications industry is going through a major transformation within its network driven by several technology shifts, including 5G, the virtualization of the network functions and advancements in OSS/BSS including utilization of AI/ML. Dell Technologies is the leader in being the essential infrastructure company in the date center, the cloud, the core and the edge and is making significant investments to drive products and services into the telco network. The Telecom Systems Business Unit (TSB) is a rapidly growing global organization comprised of specialized experts dedicated to strategically and intimately partnering with Telecom customers who are deeply engaged in a transformation within their network by delivering best-in-class technology and service solutions based on offerings from Dell Technologies.
As a member of the Network POD Transformation Team, the Telecom Consultant is a senior thought leader that drives complex, transformational solution opportunities with our largest, most strategic Telco customers. The role is responsible for collaborating with sales teams and customer executives to help lead, win and deliver transformative customer network transformations via Dell Technologies solutions. As the solution opportunity is explored within the Telco’s CTO and Network organizations, the Telecom Consultant will develop an agenda, define a sales campaign roadmap, and decide which technology components are needed to achieve the client’s objectives.
The Telecom Consultant is the central point of contact for our clients and for the sales and delivery teams aligned to the overall solution’s components. They play a critical role as a “trusted advisor” to client CTO, Network SVP and Line of Business Unit leaders before, during and after major transformational investments including successful design win pursuits, through the POCs and success implementations.
The Telecom Consultant will work collaboratively with account teams assigned to the Telco and under the direction of the Client Executive (CE) that is the overall lead for the account. The Telecom Consultant will be a part of a cross functional collaboration ‘POD’ that consists of a Network Architect, a Services Lead, a Commercials Lead and a Program Manager.
- Capture, understand and analyze specific Telcos network transformation approach and translate them into a Dell Technologies vision and solution
- Build strong relationships and develop credibility with executives within Telcos and drive a complex sales engagement process with potential multiple pursuits managed over multiple months/years
- Close sales opportunities and negotiate commercial terms and conditions
- Identify capability gaps in delivering on network transformations, and identify and engage partners to complete solution
- Act as the subject matter expert for Network Transformations, both externally and internally with the core sales team and delivery team
- Forecast and maintain internal sales systems as the opportunity owner and ensuring communication on pipeline status of all revenue streams to line management
- Leverage existing relationships with CTO, COO, Network Operations SVP and Line of Business heads within a targeted set of Global / large national accounts to develop deep and trusted advisory relationships
With a solutions sales leadership background in Telco network technologies, we seek a proven, hands-on sales leader with a history of collaborating with global customer executives specific to complex, transformational Telco investments. Additionally, we require:
- 10+ years in Network sales or management consulting, including 5+ years in a Partner/Principal role
- Experience directly leading client executives through multi-year transformations sized at a minimum of $25M per transaction, starting during the pre-sales cycle thru to customer service hand off.
- Prior work on topics outside of Telco infrastructure, including network design, change management, and process redesign.
- Experience working in matrixed, complex, fast-moving and constantly changing environments within an extremely competitive market.
- Practical understanding of Telco networks across the data center (OSS/BSS), network core, edge and into the RAN as well as virtualization, big-data, security, data storage, private cloud and hyper-converged solutions, as well as the solution’s value when mapped to an account’s business needs.
- Ability for overnight travel on a national or regional basis and potentially global level.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline; a MBA is greatly respected.
About Dell Technologies:
ハイブリッド クラウドによるITの変革、また、クラウド ネイティブ アプリケーションとビッグデータ ソリューションによるビジネスの変革を実現するため、堅牢なIT基盤を提供しています。180カ国に拠点を持つデルテクノロジーズは、エッジからコア、そしてクラウドまで、業界で最も包括的かつ革新的なポートフォリオにより、フォーチュン500に含まれる98%の企業を支援しています。
Dell Technologies Cloud:
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
TELCOBUJob Family: Corporate-Development-and-Strategy-Corporate-Development Corporate-Development-&-Strategy TELCOBU Job ID: R086192