Senior Advisor, Supply Chain (I8)Tokyo, Japan 掲載日 09/10/2021
Supply Chain Senior Advisor
Everything in Dell Technologies is ground-breaking, from the designers of our products to the developers of our supply systems. Our Supply Chain team within Materials and Purchasing drives the development, implementation and management of supply chain operations and suppliers in the delivery of strategic programs. It’s all about managing supplier relationships and ensuring the availability of parts and services in the supply chain, while maintaining inventory at acceptable levels. We focus our resources on the continuous improvement of the movement of materials through production processes and establishing key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning and forecasting.
Join us as a Senior Advisor on our Supply Chain team in Japan to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Supply Chain Senior Advisor, you will be responsible for leading multiple programs, to coordinate and integrate the flow of materials and information across suppliers, operations/manufacturing, distributors and customers. You will carry out strategic supply chain analysis to identify and recommend opportunities for improving efficiency, effectiveness and capabilities of the supply chain.
• Identify, define and implement efficiency opportunities for new and existing products
• Manage activities globally to prevent material shortages and react quickly to material shortages; minimize excess and obsolete material
• Represent procurement on product development teams to ensure “design to value” analysis is done throughout product lifecycle and help manage/reduce supply chain complexity
• Guide regional demand teams to plan pre-production and production materials and worldwide / regional procurement to ensure risk mitigation plan is in place
• Assist management in the development of key initiatives to improve business processes and customer service delivery
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
1. Over 5 years supply chain consulting/management experience
2. Over $5M business size and 30 members engagement project lead experience
3. Robotics & Automation deployment (Productivity Assess/ROI Simulation)/management (Productivity Improvement) experience
4. KAIZEN competency based on 3 principles “go to the site”, “make a direct observation”, “determine the facts”
5. GRIT (Guts, Resilience, Initiative, Tenacity) competency
6. Data analysis competency for business decision
7. Competency of “create customer” as customer first principle (Customer Touch Point Reduction, Service Quality Improvement etc)
8. Language Skill (Japanese: Native Level, English: TOEIC 800)
• Bachelor’s Degree
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 2021/9/30
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job Family: Manufacturing Global-Services Graduates Materials-&-Procurement Job ID: R133743